The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center opened in April 1964 as the New York State Theater under the management of City Center of Music and Drama, Inc. The theater was designed by the renowned architect Philip Johnson, built with funds from the State of New York, and given to the City of New York as a home for performing arts organizations. Today, the theater is home to the New York City Ballet as well as a growing number of national and international touring performing arts groups.
The DHKT Front of House Team consists of Directors, Ticket Takers and Ushers. Substitute Ushers will be scheduled on an as needed basis and will assist Front of House Management during performances and events. The Front of House Team is under the direction of Event Operations Manager and scheduled by the Front of House Coordinator. Substitute Ushers are hourly positions and is union affiliated with the local IATSE 306 union. Candidates will be required to join the union upon continued employment after thirty (30) days.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Smiles, greets, directs, and lends assistance to patrons during assigned performances and events
- Provide a positive presence and consistent availability in the lobby and theater for interaction with patrons
- Be enthusiastic and able to actively engage patrons in a courteous manner and anticipate patrons needs
- Assist with seating late arrivals
- Liaise between venue guests, patrons, Directors, Ticket Takers, Ushers, Event Operations Manager and FOH Coordinator
- Pass out programs and inserts to patrons as assigned
- Able to distinguish varying degrees of customer service issues and elevate such issues to the Event Operations Manager or FOH Coordinator
- Ring chimes during intermission as assigned
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. For consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating the position of interest to the New York City Ballet Human Resources Department, by fax to 212-870-4042 or by e-mail to BalletHR@nycballet.com. Please indicate "Front of House Substitute Usher" in the subject line of the email.
- Front of House Team members have relevant experience and have worked as an usher in a similar professional venue
- Front of House Team members must possess strong customer service skills/etiquette, excellent verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with a diverse clientele
- Front of House Team members must be able to work as a team player and keep calm under pressure while handling customer service issues
- Front of House Team must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Front of House Team members must willing and able to assist with emergency evacuations
- Front of House Team members must maintain knowledge of all venue fire and emergency evacuation plans
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.