New York City Ballet is accepting applications for a Press Intern to assist with the day-to-day operations of NYCB’s press department. Intern will get hands on training while working directly with NYCB press office staff with responsibilities ranging from standard administrative tasks to larger organizational projects and media outreach initiatives. Opportunity will offer range of experience in a high-intensity press office during peak performance periods at NYCB.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Maintain NYCB’s press clip files
- Update and maintain NYCB’s photography assets, and repertory records
- Research and fact check for inquiring media outlets
- Maintain NYCB’s media contact lists and research contacts appropriate for new initiatives
- Assist with the distribution of information pertaining to upcoming press office activities
- Assist with press ticket allocation and distribution to reviewing media
- Assist with performance coverage, greeting members of the press and supervising photographers and video crews as necessary
- Assist with media outreach and coordination for NYCB special events
- Assist with photo and video shoots
- Proofread press materials and editorial content
- Proactive self-starter with eagerness to undertake tasks both large and small.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to follow instructions accurately.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel), Adobe Photoshop.
This internship is unpaid. Academic credit can be arranged. The desired start date is as soon as possible. Desired time commitment is 20 hours per week. Candidates should also be willing and able to cover weekend and evening performances as necessary.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to BalletHR@NYCBallet.com with “PRESS INTERN” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer