Education Fund

Keeping the ballet in balance depends on excellence in every element.


"…I enjoy watching them dance. It’s like they have wings on their feet….Ballet is magical and sends off its own sparkle. It’s like I enter another world."

Sarah D., Middle School Student


"The Ballet Bridges program gives my students a sense of achievement that no academic assessment can provide. My students’ levels of self-esteem throughout this program improved by leaps and bounds."

    Ady Dorsett, Teacher, Woodrow Wilson School

Throughout decades of educational programming, New York City Ballet and its artists have awakened the imagination, curiosity, and expressiveness of hundreds of thousands of young people.  The Company’s educational activities enrich the lives of young people by:

  • Involving New York City students with multiple, interdisciplinary, and hands-on explorations of ballet in their classrooms that enhance their academic, emotional, and social growth, and

  • Engaging young people at the David H. Koch Theater, the Company’s rehearsal studios, and in the community with professional performances, tours, workshops, and demonstrations. 

Educational program fees cover only 20% of programming costs.  A gift of $90 or more enrolls you in New York City Ballet’s Membership program and helps cover the remaining 80% of educational programming expenses.  

Please help ensure New York City School children uplifting and enriching experiences of the ballet by making an online contribution today.  Be sure to write “Education” in the Special Fund Code box at the bottom of the donate form.

Support Education

With a gift of $250, you and a guest will be invited to attend the winter repertory student matinee performance. There is nothing quite like seeing the ballet with two thousand cheering students!

For more information about the Education Fund, please contact Member Services at (212) 870-5677 or email Members@nycballet.com.

Thank you for your generous support.