Richard Rodgers transformed the Great White Way and established musical theater as we know it, and on the eve of his 115th birthday we honor his pioneering genius with three Broadway-inspired ballets featuring his heart-lifting and poignant melodies.
Running time: 2 Hr. 3 Min.
- Music by: Richard Rodgers, arranged and orchestrated by William David Brohn
- Choreography by: Christopher Wheeldon
- Principal Casting: FEB 22, 24, 26: Tiler Peck, Zachary Catazaro*, Sara Adams, Kristen Segin, Devin Alberda, Daniel Applebaum
This charming distillation of Rodgers and Hammerstein's classic Carousel recalls the poignant romance and thrilling drama of the celebrated Broadway production.
- Music by: Richard Rodgers; Music Arranged by Glen Kelly; Orchestrations by Don Sebesky
- Choreography by: Peter Martins
- Principal Casting: FEB 22, 24, 26: Sara Mearns, Rebecca Krohn, Sterling Hyltin, Teresa Reichlen, Jared Angle, Amar Ramasar, Chase Finlay*, Ask la Cour (*First time in role)
Thou Swell embodies all the glamour of early-20th-century café society with its glittering décor, sumptuous fashion, and romantic Rodgers songs.
- Music by: Richard Rodgers, orchestrated by Hershy Kay
- Choreography by: George Balanchine
- Principal Casting: FEB 22, 26: Maria Kowroski, Tyler Angle, Russell Janzen*, Cameron Dieck, Alec Knight*, Harrison Coll, Daniel Applebaum*, Aaron Sanz (*First time in role)
FEB 24: Sara Mearns, Andrew Veyette, Russell Janzen, Cameron Dieck, Alec Knight, Harrison Coll, Daniel Applebaum, Aaron Sanz
An audience favorite with showbiz glam, Slaughter on Tenth Avenue is a vampy ballet about a jealous Russian premier danseur and his hoofing American rival.