The New York City Ballet Archive is entering a very exciting time and is currently looking for interns to assist in the digitization of its collections, along with other Archive activities. It is a rare opportunity to get hands on experience and learn how todays digitizing technology can be used to create a new data structure for a collection that is primarily paper based. The principal responsibilities will be to assist in the processing and data entry of content, provide support with research queries, and to participate in the construction of a new digital interface.
The ideal candidates are those seeking to further their experience and skills, and gain insight into the inner workings of a performing arts archive. Applicants must be available for at least 8 hours a week during regular office hours, Monday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist Archivist with all ongoing projects
- Observe how an archive is managed and its role in a large performing arts company
- Student must currently be enrolled at a college/university at the graduate level pursuing a degree in information and library science, archival studies, history, or a related field. Student must have at least a 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Background in dance is beneficial
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is beneficial
Time frame: Spring, Summer, or Fall Semesters
- Stipend offered for travel
- Academic credit can be arranged.
- Archive location is in Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Deadline for application: Rolling Basis
Please email resume with Archive Intern in the subject line to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer