New York City Ballet seeks an enthusiastic and responsible Special Events Assistant to serve as the junior member of a dynamic five-person fundraising team. Responsibilities for this exciting opportunity include coordinating and supervising event logistics for donor and cultivation events as well as providing general administrative support for the department.
- Coordinate and supervise event logistics with Development team, Theater staff, and vendors alike including caterer, rentals, photographers, musicians, etc. for assigned donor and cultivation events.
- Process event payments and donations for Fall Gala, Annual Luncheon, and Spring Gala.
- Confirm all necessary event information with Fall Gala, Annual Luncheon, and Spring Gala guests including payment, attendance, dietary and seating requests.
- Support post-event activities: creating and mailing tax acknowledgement letters, organize re-cap meetings, create event synopsis and wrap-up materials.
- Orchestrate all aspects of the Patron Lounge operations including contract with Restaurant Associates, weekly logistics emails, bookings, room set-up, bar inventory, maintenance, and financial reconciliation.
- Manage departmental budgets including processing invoices, coding vouchers, requesting reimbursements, and tracking expenses.
- Assist with the production of event related print materials, including programs and menu cards; compile donor listings.
- Organize cumulative 12-month Playbill listings for Special Event buyers.
- Update and maintain internal master calendar utilized throughout the Company and Theater.
- Stay abreast to social and institutional calendars throughout the city to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Solicit ticket sales when necessary to achieve fundraising goals.
- Assist with office organization, end of year archiving, and facilitating new office systems for better efficiency.
- Check Special Events main telephone line, email, and distribution of mail.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional work experience – preferably in event planning or development
- Must possess outstanding attention to detail, follow-through, and organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as diplomacy and excellent judgment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong computer and database skills – knowledge of Tessitura a plus
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays as needed
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Special Events Assistant in the subject line to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please. New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.