The Membership Coordinator works as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, focused on providing excellent customer service to NYCB members from the $100 Friends level to $7,499. Responsible for the coordination of membership acquisition appeals, renewals, and second asks, through the various channels of fundraising (direct mail, telefunding, and online) and membership fulfillment. Executes and plans member dress rehearsals, member receptions, and other events. Serves as a primary contact and manages the data for telefunding. Implements new strategies to grow the membership base of supporters and to upgrade current members into higher levels of giving.
The Membership Coordinator is a Full-Time Exempt position reporting to the Director of Membership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Creates membership acquisition campaigns throughout the year to obtain new members, working on the initial concept, design, and segments.
- Participates on weekly calls with outside telefunding company, coordinates data files, runs regular suppression files, and fields questions from the on-site call room manager.
- Organizes the quarterly member working dress rehearsals, in collaboration with the Volunteer Office, the Call Center, and the Box Office.
- With Marketing and outside vendors, designs various member publications, including the membership brochure, working rehearsal brochure, membership invitations, membership cards,Traveler Patron Lounge one-time passes, drink vouchers, and membership welcome packets.
- With the Membership Assistant, coordinates monthly membership renewals through direct mail, telefunding, and email, working with IT, Donor Records, and the Volunteer Office.
- With the Membership Assistant, generates membership tax receipt/gift acknowledgement letters and membership cards on a weekly basis.
- Serving as back-up to the Membership Assistant, sources membership gifts and submits for processing and oversees membership pledges, working with Donor Records; tracks membership gifts by fundraising channel and membership gifts received in response to a challenge grant, when applicable.
- Manages a portfolio of high-end members ($1,500 - $7,499), from assessment through stewardship, including handling membership renewals, ticketing requests, and house seat orders over the phone and through email; enter steps into the gift and ticketing system, Tessitura.
- With the Senior Manager, Patron Programs, plans cultivation events for members, creating invitations and providing logistical support, as needed.
- Pulls attendance counts of qualifying members who have access to the Travelers Patron Lounge for the Season, working with Special Events.
- Generates membership lists for Travelers Patron Lounge access for performances on a daily basis.
- Uploads membership event attendance data into Tessitura for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Manages seating hold allocations for member working dress rehearsals and with Education, for Inside NYCB and Family Saturdays.
- Works with outside vendors including mail houses and graphic designers.
- Hires and supervises membership interns throughout the year.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree with two to three years of fundraising experience in a non-profit membership-based organization.
- Prior experience with direct mail, telefunding, and online member solicitation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality customer service to members.
- Knowledge of moves management and portfolios a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and results driven.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Tessitura or a similar relational database, and with data extractions.
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive donor information.
- Availability to work occasional nights, weekends, or holidays, as needed.
- Interest in or knowledge of the performing arts a plus.
NYC Ballet is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter with “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line to: Ballethr@nycballet.com No phone calls please.