The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center opened in April 1964 as the New York State Theater under the management of City Center of Music and Drama, Inc. The theater was designed by the renowned architect Philip Johnson, built with funds from the State of New York, and given to the City of New York as a home for performing arts organizations. Today, the theater is home to the New York City Ballet as well as a growing number of national and international touring performing arts groups.
The position reports to the DHKT Chief Engineer. The Engineer position is a union represented role and the successful candidate is required to join the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 30 after 30 days of employment.
The Engineer is responsible for operating, maintaining, and performing repairs on assigned equipment including:
- Limited steam and condensate systems
- Electric, pneumatic, and direct digital controls
- Refrigeration equipment
- Domestic hot water heating systems
- Chilled water systems
- Packaged units
- Fire alarm, standpipes and sprinkler systems
- Responsible for maintaining the smooth and efficient functioning of critical building systems including HVAC infrastructure, air handlers, plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedules and procedures
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible, hands on experience as a building engineer.
- A current NYC refrigeration license is required for this position.
- Demonstrable experience in equipment troubleshooting and knowledge of facility systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, BAS, Fire/Life/Safety, interior and exterior building infrastructure systems.
- Must possess valid S12, S13, & F03 license. F01, S95 & Fire Safety Director COF’s may be required at the discretion of management
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail and process.
- Strong focus on providing superior customer service.
POSITION CONTROLS & WORKWEEK
The David H. Koch Theater is a 24 x 7 operation. The Engineer position is a full time (40 hours per week) position, with the potential for frequent additional overtime work. Work hours may vary according to the performance schedule and will include weekends, and holidays.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. For consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating the position of interest to the New York City Ballet Human Resources Department, by fax to 212-870-4268 or by e-mail to BalletHR@nycballet.com. Please indicate DHKT Engineer in the subject line of the email.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.