The David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts opened in April 1964 as the New York State Theater. The theater was designed by the renowned architect Philip Johnson, built with funds from the State of New York, and given to the City of New York as a home for performing arts organizations. Today, the theater is home to the New York City Ballet as well as a growing number of national and international touring performing arts groups.
As a member of the Utility Staff, the Performance Utility Person works during performances and events to ensure an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for patrons of the venue, performers, staff and visitors. Performs a variety of cleaning operations and assists in the preparation of facilities and equipment for performances and events. The Performance Utility Person is a union represented role and the successful candidate is required to join SEUI Local 32-BJ after 60 days of employment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Performs a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, and polishing.
- Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Acts as elevator operator for patrons during performances and events.
- Assists with patron mobility issues and non-motorized patron mobility equipment during performances and events.
- Delivers and/or sets up a variety of items (i.e. supplies, chairs, tables, furniture, stanchions, etc.) to appropriate parties or destinations within the venue.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (i.e. cleaning solutions, paper products, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of custodial items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as a custodian or housekeeper
- Customer oriented and friendly
- Handles reasonable requests with professionalism and patience.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Flexibility in schedule is a necessity; irregular work hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. For consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating the position of interest to the New York City Ballet Human Resources Department, by fax to 212-870-4268 or by e-mail to BalletHR@nycballet.com. Please indicate DHKT Performance Porter in the subject line of the email.