The DHKT Front of House Team consists of Directors, Ticket Takers, and Ushers, who will assist Front of House Management during performances and events. The Front of House Team is under the direction of Event Operations Manager and scheduled by the Front of House Coordinator. Directors, Ticket Takers, and Ushers are hourly positions and union affiliated with the local IATSE 306 union. Candidates will be required to join the union upon continued employment after thirty (30) days.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Smiles, greets, directs, and lends assistance to patrons during assigned performances and events
- Provide a positive presence and consistent availability in the lobby and theater for interaction with patrons
- Be enthusiastic and able to actively engage patrons in a courteous manner and anticipate patrons needs
- Assist with seating late arrivals
- Liaise between venue guests, patrons, Directors, Ticket Takers, Ushers, Event Operations Manager and FOH Coordinator
- Pass out programs and inserts to patrons as assigned
- Able to distinguish varying degrees of customer service issues and elevate such issues to the Event Operations Manager or FOH Coordinator
- Ring chimes during intermission as assigned
To apply, please submit resume & cover letter with FOH Usher in the Subject Line to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
- Front of House Team members have relevant experience and have worked as an usher in a similar professional venue
- Front of House Team members must possess strong customer service skills/etiquette, excellent verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with a diverse clientele
- Front of House Team members must be able to work as a team player and keep calm under pressure while handling customer service issues
- Front of House Team must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Front of House Team members must willing and able to assist with emergency evacuations
- Front of House Team members must maintain knowledge of all venue fire and emergency evacuation plans
NYC Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.