Position title: Corporate Relations Intern
Reports to: Senior Manager, Corporate Relations
Internship dates: January – May 2019; May – August 2019
Desired time commitment: 20-35 hrs/week
New York City Ballet’s Corporate Relations team is looking for a capable, sharp, dance-loving intern who wants to learn about creative and innovative ways to engage with sponsors and can start in January 2019.
The internship program will also include a group orientation and periodic “lunch & learns” with current employees in order to learn more about New York City Ballet and its various departments.
• Working with sponsors and internal teams on sponsor activations and events in the Winter and Spring Seasons and at other times;
• Crafting sponsorship proposals;
• Working on benefit fulfillment for NYCB’s current corporate partnerships;
• Working with the Corporate Relations team to solidify renewals of the expiring sponsorship deals;
• Attending internal and external meetings with the Corporate Relations team;
• Assistance with Annual Luncheon, Spring Gala and other Development events;
• Routing materials for internal and external approvals and other day-to-day responsibilities on stewarding patrons;
• Prospect research and other administrative tasks.
Approximate time commitment is at least 20 hours a week. Certain aspects of this internship require candidate’s availability in the evenings and weekends.
• Professional demeanor, attention to detail, and creative thinking;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment;
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.);
• Database experience preferred (Tessitura).
This internship is unpaid. Benefits include access to ballet performances and special events for patrons.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
For consideration, please email (1) resume, (2) cover letter, and (3) applicant form (found on website) to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Applications can also be completed online at https://www.nycballet.com/internships. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.