New York City Ballet seeks an Intern, Media, with a focus in Library Science, to assist the media team within the Company’s Marketing & Media Department. Position works closely with the Media Producer, and provides an ideal opportunity to explore a career at a major performing arts organization, while gaining hands on experience in media archiving. Desired time commitment is 10 -12 hours per week. Educational credit offered with travel stipend available.
PROJECTS (Dependent upon internship timing)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ingesting, logging and tagging media with metadata tags
- Transcribing interviews
- Contributing to the development of policies and procedures for digital asset management
- Assisting with other department activities as needed
- College undergraduate or graduate student in a Library Science program
- Basic understanding of digital media asset management principles and practices
- Familiarity with metadata tagging
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Extremely detail-oriented and thorough
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and work as part of a team as well as independent
- Strong command of English grammar, composition, and proofing
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- An interest in/passion for performing arts, ballet, and/or New York City Ballet a plus
This internship is unpaid.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to BalletHR@nycballet.com with "Media Intern" in the subject line.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.