The New York City Ballet Membership Department is seeking an enthusiastic and responsible individual who has a strong interest in gaining practical experience in the areas of development, patron relations, database management, and research under the guidance of a seasoned member of the Development staff.
The internship program will also include a group orientation and periodic “lunch & learns” with current employees in order to learn more about New York City Ballet and its various departments.
Department: Membership (Development)
Reports to: Coordinator, Membership
Internship dates: September - December 2019
Desired time commitment: 20-24 hrs/wk
- Corresponding with patrons over the phone as initial point of contact in Membership office, assisting with annual gift renewals, voicemail inquiries, and troubleshooting
- Assisting with packaging and mailing out acknowledgment packages, including premiums and brochures
- Maintaining stock inventory of all Membership materials
- Updating invitation and salutation lists within Tessitura database
- Printing invitations, letters, and labels
- Organizing mass mailings with the Volunteer Department
- Editing and proofing copy for acquisition appeals, renewal letters, and Playbill
- Researching new and prospective donors
- Providing general administrating support to Development department as needed
- Attending staff meetings and events whenever support is necessary
This internship is unpaid. Benefits include access to ballet performances and special events for patrons. Office dress is business casual during the business day and formal for Special Events. Desired time commitment is at least three full-time days per week with flexibility to schedule.
- Professional demeanor and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Database experience preferred (Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
- Interest in Development and Arts Administration
- Knowledge of NYCB a plus
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
For consideration, please email your resume, cover letter, and applicant form to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Applications can also be completed online. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer