The Manager oversees all school-based programming for NYCB, consisting primarily of three residency programs: Ballet Tales, The Nutcracker Project, and Project Ballet.
The mission of New York City Ballet is accompanied by a commitment to expand the Company’s audience and make ballet accessible to the widest possible public through touring, education and community programs, the creative use of media, and other outreach efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Manage all details for school programs, including program conception, budgeting, implementation, supervision, follow-up and assessment.
- Oversee marketing and promotion, including brochure and e-blast creation and digital mailing in conjunction with marketing department.
- Oversee enrollment; oversee selection of new school partners; work with development department on specially-funded school partners.
- Oversee relationships with school partners via liaisons, principals, and classroom teachers.
- Oversee management of teaching artists including contracts, training, assignments, correspondence, schedules, evaluations, observations, and payment/budgeting.
- Oversee professional development and training sessions for all school programs, including content, scheduling, agendas, and all related correspondence.
- Oversee all aspects of student matinees, including scheduling, repertoire, back- and front-of-house coordination, ticket purchases, seating of school groups, and internal and external communications.
- Oversee content of lecture-demonstration series with SAB. Supervise Education Assistant in scheduling, host preparation, rehearsal, and SAB students’ paperwork.
- Manage curricula. Determine content, revisions, production of guides with designer, and training & implementation with teaching artists and school partners.
- Option to create new initiatives to engage school communities.
- Work closely with Director and Associate Director on special events, long-term planning and general organizational work.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four years related work experience
- Experience in curriculum, management and execution of school-based projects
- A demonstrated interest in ballet and education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexibility and multi-tasking skills essential
- Strong computer skills
Please email resume and cover letter as one PDF or Word Doc titled as your first and last name to Ljohnson@nycballet.com with Manager, School Programs in the subject line. No calls please.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer