The New York City Ballet Membership Department is seeking an enthusiastic and responsible individual who has a strong interest in development, patron relations, database management, and research.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Patron relations: Assisting patrons with annual membership renewal, correspondence through NYCB Member emails and responding when necessary, checking messages, referring calls to other departments, troubleshooting
- Benefit Fulfillment: Coordinating acknowledgments with Membership Assistant, mailing premiums, brochures, and welcome packages, maintaining stock of premiums and related materials
- Sending daily mail
- RSVP lists for events and seminars
- Database list management
- Assisting with drafting and proofing of copy for acquisitions/appeals
- Coordinating mass mailings with the Volunteer Deparment
- Keeping supplies and forms replenished and stored
- Assisting with printing and organizing invitations, letters and labels for mailings
- Occasionally assisting with other needs or events for Patron Advancement, Corporate, and/or Special Events
- Providing general administrative support to Development as needed
- Attend weekly Membership meetings and monthly Development Staff Meetings
This internship is unpaid. However, benefits include access to ballet performances and special events for patrons. Office dress is business casual during the business day and formal for Special Events. Desired time commitment is at least three full-time days per week with flexibility to schedule. Academic credit may be arranged.
- Professional demeanor, attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Database experience preferred (Tessitura, Raiser's Edge, etc.)
Please email resume with Membership Intern in the subject line to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer