New York City Ballet is seeking an enthusiastic and responsible individual who has a strong interest in gaining experience in fundraising through the preparation of gala benefits and database management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Track and reconcile revenue from The Nutcracker Family Benefit event co-sponsored with the School of American Ballet
- Draft and proof copy for printed materials, website content, e-mail blasts, newsletters, and other donor correspondence
- Retrieve gala guest information and facilitate solicitation and courtesy calls as necessary
- Answer incoming calls, field questions, and take gala ticket orders
- Conduct donor and VIP guest research for gala dinner seating
- Update database as it pertains to Special Events mailing lists and research notes
- Assist with printing letters, envelopes, and assembling invitations
- Organize press clippings for gala benefit coverage
- Facilitate check-in and arrival of guests during gala benefits
- Assist with assembling performance tickets for gala benefits
- Provide support at Annual Luncheon, Spring Gala, and cultivation events
- Provide general administrative support as needed
- Special projects as assigned
This internship is unpaid. Desired time commitment is at least 20 hours per week with flexibility to schedule. School credit may be arranged.
- Professional demeanor, attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Tessitura a plus
- Availability to work some nights and weekends
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds
Please email cover letter and resume with Special Event Internship in the subject line to email@example.com.
New York City Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer