Featured Roles Since Joining NYCB
- The Four Temperaments
- George Balanchine's The Nutcracker® (Hot Chocolate, Mouse King, Mother Ginger)
- Slaughter on Tenth Avenue (Bartender)
- Fearful Symmetries
- Jeu de Cartes
- Romeo + Juliet (Benvolio, The Prince of Verona)
- The Sleeping Beauty (The Wolf)
- Swan Lake (Hungarian)
Originated a featured role in
- Nicolas Blanc: Mothership
Originated a corps role in
- Warren Carlyle: SOMETHING TO DANCE ABOUT Jerome Robbins, Broadway to Ballet
- Lauren Lovette: For Clara
- Justin Peck: The Times Are Racing
- Alexei Ratmansky: Odessa
- Gianna Reisen: Judah
Alec Knight was born in Queensland, Australia. He began his dance training in jazz and tap dance at Davidia Lind Dance Centre in 2007, and trained at The Australian Ballet School from 2010 to 2013. He attended the summer course at the School of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of New York City Ballet, in 2013, and enrolled as a full-time student the following winter term. In August 2015, he became an apprentice with NYCB. While still an apprentice, Mr. Knight originated a featured role in Nicolas Blanc’s Mothership. He joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in May 2016.
In 2015, Mr. Knight received the Martin E. Segal Award as a student at SAB, and he also received an Award of Excellence from The Australian Ballet School in 2011.
Mr. Knight was also featured in the first season of the Teen Vogue
online docu-series “Strictly Ballet,” which followed a group of SAB students, in 2014.
Portrait © Paul Kolnik