Christopher Grant was born in Jamaica, Queens. He began his dance training at the School of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of New York City Ballet, in 2002. Additional training includes summer courses at Pacific Northwest Ballet (PNB) and the New York State Summer School of the Arts. In August 2015, he became an apprentice with NYCB. As an apprentice with the Company, Mr. Grant originated a featured role in Nicolas Blanc’s Mothership. He joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in August 2016.
As a student at SAB, Mr. Grant appeared in a featured role in George Balanchine’s Western Symphony in PBS’ Live from Lincoln Center broadcast of “Curtain Up: The School of American Ballet Workshop,” which first aired in 2014.
Portrait © Paul Kolnik
Featured Roles Since Joining NYCB
- Coppélia (War & Discord)
- The Four Temperaments
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® (Hot Chocolate)
- Romeo + Juliet (Benvolio)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Court Jester)
Originated a featured role in
- Nicolas Blanc: Mothership
- Lauren Lovette: Not Our Fate
Originated a corps role in
- Warren Carlyle: SOMETHING TO DANCE ABOUT Jerome Robbins, Broadway to Ballet
- Lauren Lovette: For Clara
- Justin Peck: Principia, The Times Are Racing