Featured Roles Since Joining NYCB
- Divertimento from 'Le Baiser de la Fée'
- Divertimento No. 15
- George Balanchine's The Nutcracker® (Cavalier, Candy Cane, Tea, Hot Chocolate)
- Symphony in C (Third Movement)
- Symphony in Three Movements
- Who Cares?
- Bournonville Divertissements (Pas de Six from Napoli and Abdallah)
- La Sylphide (Gurn)
- Bal de Couture
- Jeu de Cartes
- The Red Violin
- Stabat Mater
- The Sleeping Beauty (Court Jester, Gold)
- Swan Lake (Benno, Pas de Quatre)
- Concerto DSCH
- Russian Seasons
- Dances at a Gathering
- Fancy Free
- The Four Seasons
- Glass Pieces
- The Goldberg Variations
- Soirée Musicale
originated a featured role in
- Benjamin Millepied: Neverwhere
- Alexei Ratmansky: Pictures at an Exhibition
- Troy Schumacher: Common Ground
originated corps roles in
- Kim Brandstrup: Jeux
- Justin Peck: Everywhere We Go, Year of the Rabbit
Joseph Gordon was born in Phoenix, Arizona, and began his dance training at the age of five at The Phoenix Dance Academy. Mr. Gordon began studying at the School of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of New York City Ballet, during the 2006 summer course and enrolled as a full-time student that fall. In August of 2011, Mr. Gordon became an apprentice with NYCB, and in July of 2012, he joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet. In February 2017, Mr. Gordon was promoted to soloist.
Mr. Gordon is the recipient of a 2017 Lincoln Center Award for Emerging Artists, and was the 2015-16 Janice Levin Dancer Honoree. While at the School of American Ballet, he was the recipient of the Melissa Hayden Dance Scholarship from 2006 through 2011.
Portrait © Erin Baiano