Featured Roles Since Joining NYCB
- Concerto Barocco
- The Four Temperaments
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® (Flowers)
- La Valse
- Bal de Couture
- The Sleeping Beauty (Generosity)
- Swan Lake (Princess, Spanish)
originated corps roles in
- Melissa Barak: A Simple Symphony
- JR: Les Bosquets
- Peter Martins: Mirage
- Benjamin Millepied: Quasi Una Fantasia
- Justin Peck: The Most Incredible Thing, Paz de la Jolla
- Alexei Ratmansky: Namouna, A Grand Divertissement
Ms. Johnson was born in Santa Rosa, California, and began her dance training at the age of three at The Academy of Dance Arts in Red Bank, New Jersey. She enrolled at the School of American Ballet, the official school of New York City Ballet, in 2003. She has also participated in various summer programs, including studying with Suzanne Farrell in the summer of 2005 and with Margaret Tracey at Boston Ballet in summer of 2006 and 2007. Ms. Johnson became an apprentice with NYCB in June 2008, and joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in October 2008.
Ms. Johnson performed with SAB in George Balanchine’s Concerto Barocco as part of Protégés II at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. in June 2008.
Ms. Johnson was a recipient of the Mae L. Wien Award for Outstanding Promise in 2008.
Portrait © Paul Kolnik