Featured Roles Since Joining NYCB
- The Four Temperaments
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® (Cavalier, Dr. Stahlbaum, Hot Chocolate)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Demetrius)
- Bournonville Divertissements (Pas de Six from Napoli and Abdallah)
- Romeo + Juliet (Romeo)
- Swan Lake (Benno, Spanish)
- The Sleeping Beauty (The Wolf)
- Soirée Musicale (in the NYCB Premiere)
Originated a featured role in
originated corps roles in
- JR: Les Bosquets
- Pontus Lidberg: The Shimmering Asphalt
- Justin Peck: Rodeo: Four Dance Episodes
- Peter Martins: Ocean's Kingdom
- Troy Schumacher: The Wind Still Brings
- Christopher Wheeldon: American Rhapsody, Les Carillions
Peter Walker is from Fort Myers, Florida, where he began his early dance training at age eight with teacher Judy Murray in tap dance and the next year at the Gulfshore Ballet with Melinda Roy. Mr. Walker began studying at the School of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of the New York City Ballet, during the 2006 and 2007 summer courses and enrolled as a full-time student in Winter of 2007. In the spring of 2011, Mr. Walker became an apprentice with NYCB and joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in fall 2012.
Mr. Walker’s first work for the Company, ten in seven, premiered at NYCB’s Fall 2016 Gala.
Mr. Walker was the recipient of the Mae L. Wien Award for Outstanding Promise in 2011.
Portrait © Paul Kolnik