New York City Ballet is one of the foremost dance companies in the world, with a roster of spectacular dancers and an unparalleled repertory. Founded in 1948 by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, New York City Ballet quickly became world-renowned for its athletic and contemporary style. Widely acknowledged for its enduring contributions to dance, New York City Ballet is committed to promoting creative excellence and nurturing a new generation of dancers and choreographers. The School of American Ballet is the official training academy of the New York City Ballet.
The Associate, Patron Program reports to the Associate Director, Patron Program and provides support to the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors $2,500-$14,999 through all channels of fundraising. This position is responsible for the preparation of materials for the Patron Program’s annual fundraising and stewardship efforts. The Associate manages Patron Program administration and events, and supports the Senior Director, Development and Development department as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages patron program to further department objectives.
Works with the Associate Director, Patron Program to:
- Manage day-to-day relationships and communications with Patrons; including drafting and sending solicitation and acknowledgement letters, and answering Patron inquiries.
- Coordinate Patron events; including developing invitation lists, designing and deploying digital invitations, managing RSVP lists, and maintaining relationships with event host(s) and vendors.
The Associate, Patron Program also:
- Assists IT and Donor Records with database management needs for the Patron program.
- Develops and maintains Patron Program financial projections and expenses.
- Reconciles monthly and annual revenue and expense accounting for the Patron program.
- Creates and manages internal Patron lists.
Manages patron program tasks to advance annual fundraising plan.
- Manages an integrated portfolio of Patrons and individual giving prospects, providing the highest level of customer service, in particular with ticketing and event needs.
- Works with Donor Records to receive and process all incoming Patron contributions.
- Administers and tracks Patron pledges and pledge payment schedules.
- Creates and manages annual and monthly pledge status reports and reminder notifications for Patrons.
- Generates, reviews, and edits Patron listings in printed and electronic materials.
Supports development with planning and implementing organizational goals
- Works with other Development areas to manage all donor listings in printed and electronic materials, including Playbill, performance programs, and NYCB’s website.
- Coordinates with Special Events to manage the Travelers Patron Lounge; including creating and managing daily access lists and staffing assignments during performance periods.
- Assists the Senior Director, Development with organizing and managing various revenue and expense budgets, Board reports, and calendar management.
- Reconciles monthly and annual revenue and expense accounting for the Development department.
- Provides support and completes additional projects as assigned.
- Highest moral character and integrity
- Self-motivated, results oriented, and goal focused
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in fundraising
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, programs, and services of NYCB
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and meet deadlines with limited oversight
- Strong customer service skills required
- Persuasive communicator with demonstrated interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Proficiency with standard business applications, such as MS Office
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Less than 5% travel.
- Experience with Tessitura or related donor database preferred.
This is a full-time position, and the hours of work are between 10 AM – 6 PM weekdays. Position requires the ability to participate in donor events and attend performances, including frequent evenings and weekends. Travel may be required as needed.
- A salary to match your experience and qualifications
- A competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Programs
- Generous paid time off policy including holidays, floating holidays/personal days, sick and vacation time
Interested, qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resume and salary requirements to BalletHR@nycballet.com with Associate, Patron Program in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
New York City Ballet, one of the foremost ballet companies in the world, pursues the highest levels of artistic excellence and innovation. Therefore, we seek to attract, retain, and cultivate the most talented dancers, musicians, designers, stage technicians, and arts administrators. To this end, we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are inspired by our founders, George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, who envisioned an authentically American expression of ballet with a company that reflects the rich cultural diversity of this nation. In pursuit of their vision, we are committed to educating, developing, and supporting an organization that embodies diversity in its many forms.