New York City Ballet is one of the foremost dance companies in the world, with a roster of spectacular dancers and an unparalleled repertory. Founded in 1948 by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, New York City Ballet quickly became world-renowned for its athletic and contemporary style. Widely acknowledged for its enduring contributions to dance, New York City Ballet is committed to promoting creative excellence and nurturing a new generation of dancers and choreographers. The School of American Ballet is the official training academy of the New York City Ballet.
The Manager, Major Gifts and Individual Giving reports to the Director, Major Gifts and Planned Giving, and is responsible for managing Major Gifts and Individual Giving administration and events. This full-time position manages and supports the team in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting donors at the $7,500 level and above; and manages a portfolio of Major Gift and Patron donors and cultivation/stewardship events for high-level Patrons and Founders’ Council donors. In addition, the Manager develops and executes a comprehensive annual prospect funding plan and leads the Patron Program’s annual second-ask campaign. This position is responsible for supervising a part-time research staff.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and implementation of the major gift and individual giving plans that supports organizational goals.
- Develop strategies and prepare materials to secure new, renewed, and increased support from Patron and Major Gift donors; including proposals and reports.
- Manage the high-level Patron solicitation campaign in coordination with Portfolio Managers and Patron program team.
- Create and manage annual prospect fundraising objectives and comprehensive prospect plan for individual donors (e.g. setting financial goals and benchmarks, and tracking reports).
- Provide additional support to the Patron Program as needed.
- Develops and executes the annual second-ask campaign for Patrons to secure additional support towards ongoing projects and programs.
- Manages additional projects as assigned by the Director, Major Gifts and Planned Giving, and Senior Director, Development.
Manage and support major gifts and individual giving teams to achieve annual fundraising objectives.
- Manages a portfolio of 125 to 150 Major Gift and Patrons donors and prospects, serving as their primary liaison to the Company.
- Manages the Patron level usage of Tessitura; including creating donor and prospect plans, pulling reports, managing donor memberships and records, and other related tasks.
- Heads up the individual giving research needs and manages part-time staff to create donor profiles and reports as requested.
Oversee major gift and individual giving communications and events to deepen relationships with donors.
- Creates and manages high-level Patron events and Founders’ Council; including Welcome Reception, Season Preview, studio rehearsals, and cultivation/stewardship receptions and dinners.
- Develops and maintains annual calendars for Major Gifts and Patron Program; including donor events, solicitation campaigns, donor bulletins and announcements, and other various communications.
- Highest moral character and integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in fundraising with focus on major individual giving
- Minimum 1-2 years’ of people management experience
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and goal-focused
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, programs and services of NYCB
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and meet deadlines with limited oversight
- Financial accounting and solid customer service skills required
- Persuasive and strategic communicator with demonstrated interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Proficiency with standard business applications, such as MS Office
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with Tessitura or related donor database preferred.
This is a full-time position and the hours of work are between 10 AM – 6 PM weekdays. Position requires the ability to participate in donor events and attend performances, including frequent evenings and weekends. Travel may be required as needed.
- A salary to match your experience and qualifications
- A competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Programs
- Generous paid time off policy including holidays, floating holidays/personal days, sick and vacation time
Interested, qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resume and salary requirements to BalletHR@nycballet.com with Manager, Major Gifts and Individual Giving in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
New York City Ballet, one of the foremost ballet companies in the world, pursues the highest levels of artistic excellence and innovation. Therefore, we seek to attract, retain, and cultivate the most talented dancers, musicians, designers, stage technicians, and arts administrators. To this end, we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are inspired by our founders, George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, who envisioned an authentically American expression of ballet with a company that reflects the rich cultural diversity of this nation. In pursuit of their vision, we are committed to educating, developing, and supporting an organization that embodies diversity in its many forms.