New York City Ballet is one of the foremost dance companies in the world, with a roster of spectacular dancers and an unparalleled repertory. Founded in 1948 by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, New York City Ballet quickly became world-renowned for its athletic and contemporary style. Widely acknowledged for its enduring contributions to dance, New York City Ballet is committed to promoting creative excellence and nurturing a new generation of dancers and choreographers. The School of American Ballet is the official training academy of the New York City Ballet.
The Operations Associate reports to the Senior Director, Operations and provides support to the Senior Director, and Production departments in financial and operational analysis; and management. The Operations Associate ensures that the Senior Director and Production department heads have a good understanding of the financials allowing them to make cost-effective operational decisions. The Operations Associate’s responsibilities also include improving the efficiency of the departments while supporting their streamlined operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide detailed production budget reporting and analysis; assist production department with variance analysis and operating forecasts
- In coordination with production department heads, document and refine all production budgets
- Work with the Finance department to ensure budgets align with historical practices
- Liaise between Finance department and production department heads to conform transaction coding to budget structure and required accounting treatment
- Union negotiation support; contract modeling and costing of proposals
- Assist in union and artist contract drafting, proofing, and review
- Maintenance and updating of production and season calendars
- Assist in tour planning and logistics as needed
- Review AP and payroll expenses for proper accounting coding
- Assist as needed with situational support of Operations and Production department activities
- Undertake projects to streamline and systematize operations and functions
- Conduct 1-off analyses on production department expenses or other metrics to help with management decisions
- Manage the availability of 3 NYCB Rose Building Studios to coordinate the use of space by internal departments and external renters
- Work closely with other departments including Development Individual Giving and Institutional Giving to identify and size potential funding opportunities
- Manage the Mindbody online booking system for dancer appointments (physical therapy, massage, chiropractor, company class, and studio reservations)
- Bachelor’s degree, Graduate degree in Administration a plus
- Experience in non-profit, arts, or entertainment operations
- Excellent analytic and quantitative skills
- Coursework or experience in financial management and accounting
- Knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Experience with Mindbody is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable self-starter with an ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
This is a full-time, non-exempt position and the hours of work are between 9am-10am to 5pm-6pm weekdays. Position requires the ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays as needed.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to:
o Office setting
NOTE: New York City Ballet has a vaccine policy that requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination against COVID19. A medical or religious exemption to this policy may be granted if a reasonable accommodation exists that will enable the employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Exemptions or reasonable accommodations are not guaranteed.
- Compensation to match your experience and qualifications
- A competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Programs
- Generous paid time off policy including holidays, floating holidays/personal days, sick and vacation time
- A hybrid in-office/remote work environment for positions that quality
- Highest moral character and integrity
- Enthusiasm, commitment, and a positive attitude
- A proactive solutions and detail-oriented approach to work
- Flexibility and dependability
- A collaborative, team and goal-oriented work ethic
Interested, qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resume and salary requirements to BalletHR@nycballet.com with "Operations Associate" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
New York City Ballet is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, unemployment status, familial status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, arrest or conviction record to extent required by applicable law, credit history or any other characteristic protected by law.
New York City Ballet, one of the foremost ballet companies in the world, pursues the highest levels of artistic excellence and innovation. Therefore, we seek to attract, retain, and cultivate the most talented dancers, musicians, designers, stage technicians, and arts administrators. To this end, we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are inspired by our founders, George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, who envisioned an authentically American expression of ballet with a company that reflects the rich cultural diversity of this nation. In pursuit of their vision, we are committed to educating, developing, and supporting an organization that embodies diversity in its many forms.