New York City Ballet is committed to offering audiences of all ages and abilities the opportunity to engage with our artists and to experience the art form of ballet.
Learn more about NYCB's new Access Programs for children with autism and physical disabilities held at Lincoln Center.
Through partnerships with local organizations, medical centers and special education schools, NYCB provides programs for children and adults with disabilities, their peers, and their families. Programs currently include movement workshops led by NYCB dancers and teaching artists, opportunities to attend NYCB performances, and artist visits to medical and educational facilities.
Since 2014, we have worked with:
- Blythedale Children's Hospital
- The Henry Viscardi School
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
- The International Academy of Hope (iHOPE)
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- The Kravis Children’s Hospital at Mount Sinai
- Manhattan Star Academy
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital
- The Southampton Fresh Air Home
- The Weinberg Family Cerebral Palsy Center at Columbia University
- And more
“You helped our daughter realize that although her body moves differently, she too can dance.” – Parent of movement workshop participant
Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about NYCB’s education programs for children and adults with disabilities.
Photo © Rosalie O'Connor