Mimi Staker is a member of New York City Ballet’s corps de ballet. She was born in Raleigh, North Carolina, and began her dance training at the age of four at the Cary Ballet Conservatory under Suzanne Laliberte-Thomas and Rossana Nesta Gahagan. She received additional training at the Raleigh School of Ballet under Mary LeGere.
Ms. Staker studied at the School of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of New York City Ballet, during the 2008 and 2011 summer courses before enrolling as a full-time student during the 2011 winter term.
In November 2013, Ms. Staker became an apprentice with NYCB, and she joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in November 2014.
Photo © Paul Kolnik
- Divertimento from 'Le Baiser de la Fée'
- The Four Temperaments
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® (Dolls, Marzipan)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Tenderness)
- West Side Story Suite (Maria)
- Clearing Dawn
- SOMETHING TO DANCE ABOUT Jerome Robbins, Broadway to Ballet
- Les Bosquets
- For Clara
- The Wind Still Brings