Roman Mejia is a member of New York City Ballet’s corps de ballet. He was born in Fort Worth, Texas and began studying ballet at age 3 with his mother and father. At age 13, he entered the Mejia Ballet Academy.
Mr. Mejia attended summer courses at the School of American Ballet, NYCB’s official school, in 2014 and 2015 before entering SAB full-time for the 2015 winter term.
In August 2017, Mr. Mejia became an apprentice with NYCB, and he joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in November 2017.
Photo © Erin Baiano
- Allegro Brillante
- Emeralds from Jewels
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Puck)
- George Balanchine's The Nutcracker® (Tea, Candy Cane)
- Tschaikovsky Suite No. 3 (Scherzo)
- Western Symphony
- Fearful Symmetries
- Hallelujah Junction
- Romeo + Juliet (Mercutio)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Court Jester)
- Swan Lake (Jester)
- Pictures at an Exhibition
- Dances at a Gathering
- Fancy Free
- The Four Seasons (Fall)
- Rodeo: Four Dance Episodes
- The Runaway
- SOMETHING TO DANCE ABOUT Jerome Robbins, Broadway to Ballet
- Composer’s Holiday
- dance odyssey