Did you know that by establishing a charitable gift annuity with New York City Ballet, you can receive fixed income payments that are partially tax-free every year for the rest of your life?
How it works
When you establish a charitable gift annuity, you agree to a simple, irrevocable contract between you and New York City Ballet that pays one or two annuitants a fixed rate of return each year for life (rates based on age). New York City Ballet asks that you be at least 75 years of age and donate a minimum of $25,000 in cash or appreciated marketable securities to establish a current charitable gift annuity. (If you are younger than 75, you may want to consider a deferred charitable gift annuity and secure a higher return.)
- You will receive an income tax charitable deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Part of your annual payments will be tax free, further enhancing your benefit.
- If you use appreciated securities to fund your charitable gift annuity, you will not be responsible for capital gains tax at the time of your gift. Instead, only a portion of your annual payments will be taxed as capital gain.
- Your estate will benefit from reduced probate costs and estate taxes.
- You will help ensure that New York City Ballet’s tradition of artistic excellence will always be preserved for future generations to enjoy.
For a complimentary, no-obligation illustration explaining how a current or deferred charitable gift annuity can benefit you, or to learn more about the Serenade Society and the different ways you can support New York City Ballet through gift planning, please contact Faith Petrides in the Planned Giving Office at 212-870-5686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries are confidential.
This information is not intended to represent legal or tax advice or to substitute for such advice. We urge you to consult your professional advisors when considering your charitable gift planning options.