Position title: Intern, Individual Giving
Department: Membership (Development)
Reports to: Senior Coordinator, Membership
Desired time commitment: 20-24 hrs./wk.
The New York City Ballet Membership Department is seeking an enthusiastic and responsible individual who has a strong interest in gaining practical experience in the areas of development, patron relations, database management, and research. The internship program will also include periodic “lunch & learns” with current employees in order to learn more about New York City Ballet and its various departments.
- Corresponding with patrons over the phone as initial point of contact in Membership office, assisting with annual gift renewals, voicemail inquiries, and troubleshooting
- Assisting with packaging and mailing acknowledgment packages, including premiums and brochures
- Researching new and prospective donors
- Maintaining stock inventory of all Membership materials
- Updating invitation and salutation lists within Tessitura database
- Assisting with social media and e-blast campaigns
- Organizing mass mailings with the Volunteer Department
- Editing and proofing copy for acquisition appeals, renewal letters, and Playbill
- Providing general administrating support to Development department as needed
- Attending staff meetings and events whenever support is necessary
- Professional demeanor and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Database experience preferred (Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
- Interest in Development and Arts Administration
- Knowledge of NYCB a plus
Benefits include access to ballet performances and special events for patrons. Office dress is business casual during the business day and formal for special events. Desired time commitment is at least three days per week with flexibility to schedule. Also note that this position is hybrid with both in office and remote work, subject to change based on departmental need.
NOTE: New York City Ballet has a vaccine policy that requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination against COVID- 19. A medical or religious exemption to this policy may be granted if a reasonable accommodation exists that will enable the employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Exemptions or reasonable accommodations are not guaranteed.
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. For consideration, please email (1) resume and (2) cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. No phone calls please.
New York City Ballet is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, unemployment status, familial status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, arrest or conviction record to extent required by applicable law, credit history or any other characteristic protected by law.
New York City Ballet, one of the foremost ballet companies in the world, pursues the highest levels of artistic excellence and innovation. Therefore, we seek to attract, retain, and cultivate the most talented dancers, musicians, designers, stage technicians, and arts administrators. To this end, we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture that values diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are inspired by our founders, George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, who envisioned an authentically American expression of ballet with a company that reflects the rich cultural diversity of this nation. In pursuit of their vision, we are committed to educating, developing, and supporting an organization that embodies diversity in its many forms.