New York City Ballet seeks an experienced Assistant Controller to be responsible for the managing and reporting of its financial and bookkeeping activities while ensuring compliance with GAAP and internal management reporting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee financial and accounting activities; evaluating, developing, and recommending relevant policies and controls in relation to cash flow, investments, payroll, and contributions
- Assist in managing the monthly financial close, including reconciliations of revenue and expense accounts, fixed assets, accruals, journal entries, and ongoing variance, payroll, and benefits analysis
- Prepare financial reports and statements, ensuring that monthly and year-end reporting are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitor organization's purchasing activity across departments to ensure that purchasing policies and practices are implemented
- Work cross-functionally as necessary while promoting a congenial and supportive work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiarity with non-profit finance/accounting and prior experience handling investments
- Effective manager with prior experience in a supervisory role and strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative team player; flexible, energetic, with ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 7 years of relevant managerial experience in a complex organization; similar responsibilities in a non-profit setting a plus
- Must have strong accounting software acumen and be PC and Microsoft Excel proficient
We encourage all qualified individuals to apply. For consideration, email resume and salary requirements to BalletHR@nycballet.com with Assistant Controller in the subject line. No Phone Calls Please.
NYCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.