See ways to become more involved in the Young Patrons Circle community below.
Summary: Steering Committee is comprised of current YPC members who volunteer to support the Coordinator of the program and are tasked with helping to make the Young Patrons Circle the most inclusive and relevant donor program it can be
- Help YPC reach its yearly financial goal, through recruiting, party attendance, and retention of current members
- Make YPC a welcoming and inclusive community
- Help further the long-term goals of YPC, which include a larger, more diverse patron base and aged-out YPC members becoming members or major donors
- Increasing attendance at NYCB performances by YPC members, including subscriptions
Terms: Members serve on the Steering Committee for a two-year term. They will have one year off between terms and are allowed to reapply for up to 4 terms or until they age out of YPC, whichever comes first. Years run on the NYCB fiscal year: July 1-June 30.
Teams: Steering Committee is split into two teams: Events Team and Member Team. These teams communicate via email.
- Helps plan events (especially those with no host committee)
- Coming up with new events
- Feedback on events, including organically soliciting feedback at events from YPC members
- Agrees to having their emails shared with new members
- Will act as a welcoming group to new members
- Tasked with going up to YPC members at events, introducing themselves, organically soliciting feedback about the program
Commitments: Steering Committee members agree to meet these commitments. If they do not meet them within their first year, the Coordinator may suggest another way to be involved with less time and financial commitment
- Attend quarterly Steering Committee meetings
- Fulfill give/get requirement of $1,000 (either be at the $1,000 level, or recruit new members to reach that level [must be at least Level One member])
- Complete any tasks volunteered for at meetings
- Uphold NYCB Core Values
How to apply: Steering Committee applications open on April 1 of each year and close on April 30. Decisions are sent out to those who applied on May 17. New Steering Committee members are onboarded during the month of June with a meet up with current Steering Committee members and a short orientation with the YPC Coordinator. Official start date of the term is July 1.
Summary: Our larger YPC events, such as our Post-Performance Parties, have host committees who are charged with coming up with a theme, choosing décor, and inviting a minimum number of guests to purchase tickets to the event. It’s a great opportunity for those who want to meet other dedicated YPC members and have a knack for event planning
- Attend host committee calls
- Attend the event you are on the host committee for
- Bring a minimum of 10 paying guests
How to apply: If you are interested in being on a host committee, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Host Committee”. We will reach out when we need host committee members for an upcoming event.
Have an idea that doesn’t fit in any of the listed opportunities? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
21-22 Season YPC Steering Committee:
Megan Minkow Kessler