Christopher Grant was born in Jamaica, Queens. He began his dance training at the School of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of New York City Ballet, in 2002. Additional training includes summer courses at Pacific Northwest Ballet (PNB) and the New York State Summer School of the Arts.
In August 2015, Mr. Grant became an apprentice with NYCB. As an apprentice with the Company, Mr. Grant originated a featured role in Nicolas Blanc’s Mothership. He joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in August 2016.
Mr. Grant was a recipient of the Mae L. Wien Award for Outstanding Promise in 2014.
Photo © Paul Kolnik
- Coppélia (War & Discord)
- Firebird (Katschei)
- The Four Temperaments
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Bottom)
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® (Hot Chocolate)
- Tschaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 2
- The Runaway
- Romeo + Juliet (Benvolio)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Court Jester)
- Afternoon of a Faun
- Love Letter (on shuffle)
- When We Fell
- Not Our Fate
- Thank You, New York
- Law of Mosaics
- SOMETHING TO DANCE ABOUT Jerome Robbins, Broadway to Ballet
- For Clara
- The Shaded Line
- The Times Are Racing