Mira Nadon was born in Boston, Massachusetts, and began her ballet training at the age of six at the Inland Pacific Ballet Academy in Montclair, California under the direction of Victoria Koenig and Jill Voznick.
She attended summer courses at the School of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of NYCB, in 2014 and 2015, before entering SAB full-time for the 2015 winter term.
In November 2017, Ms. Nadon became an apprentice with NYCB and as an apprentice she originated a corps role in Gianna Reisen’s Judah. She joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in November 2018.
Ms. Nadon was promoted to the rank of soloist dancer in January 2022, and to principal in February 2023.
Potrait © Erin Baiano
- The Four Temperaments
- Kammermusik No. 2
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Helena)
- Monumentum pro Gesualdo
- Movements for Piano and Orchestra
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® (Dewdrop, Flowers, Sugarplum Fairy)
- Raymonda Variations
- Rubies from Jewels
- Scotch Symphony
- Stravinsky Violin Concerto
- Vienna Waltzes
- Black Swan Pas de Deux
- The Sleeping Beauty (Courage, Diamond, Lilac Fairy)
- Swan Lake (Princess)
- Namouna, A Grand Divertissement
- Pictures at an Exhibition
- The Four Seasons (Summer)
- Glass Pieces
- Piano Pieces
- DGV: Danse à Grande Vitesse
- Fortuitous Ash
- pixelation in a wave (Within Wires)
- SUSPENDED ANIMATION
- Copland Dance Episodes
- Standard Deviation
- Bartók Ballet
- The Shaded Line
ANATOMY OF A DANCE
MIRA NADON ON RUBIES FROM JEWELS
Though her stature made her an obvious fit for the soloist (or "Tall Girl") role in Rubies, Mira Nadon wasn't always certain she'd live up to her predecessors' powerful interpretations. After rising to the occasion season after season, Nadon now says that "once you get the counts down, you don't even really need to think about it.