Ashley Hod was born in Great Neck, New York and began her dance training at the age of four at the Great Neck School of Dance.
In 2003, she began training at the School of American Ballet, the official school of New York City Ballet, where her teachers included NYCB alumnae Katrina Killian, Garielle Whittle, Darci Kistler, Suki Schorer, Suzi Pilarre, and Kay Mazzo.
As a student at SAB, Ms. Hod had the opportunity to dance in many ballets with NYCB, including George Balanchine’s Coppélia, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker®, and Peter Martins’ The Sleeping Beauty.
Ms. Hod became an apprentice with NYCB in November 2012 and joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in October 2013.
Ms. Hod was promoted to the rank of soloist in January 2022.
Ms. Hod was a recipient of the 2018 Lincoln Center Emerging Artist Award.
Photo © Paul Kolnik
- Coppélia (War & Discord)
- Divertimento No. 15
- The Four Temperaments
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Hippolyta)
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® (Sugarplum Fairy, Dewdrop, Flowers, Hot Chocolate, Frau Stahlbaum)
- Raymonda Variations
- Swan Lake
- Symphony in C
- The Sleeping Beauty (Diamond, Tenderness)
- Swan Lake (Pas de Trois, Pas de Quatre, Princess)
- Fanfare (Clarinets)
- The Four Seasons (Winter)
- Glass Pieces
- Les Noce
- Pulcinella Variations
- SOMETHING TO DANCE ABOUT Jerome Robbins, Broadway to Ballet
- Les Bosquets
Annabelle Lopez Ochoa
- Everywhere We Go
- The Most Incredible Thing
- The Wind Still Brings
- American Rhapsody