Olivia MacKinnon was born in Mobile, Alabama and began her dance training at the age of three at the Mobile Ballet. At the age of 11, she performed with Mobile Ballet’s Company.
During the summers of 2008 and 2009, Ms. MacKinnon attended the summer sessions at the School of American Ballet, the official school of New York City Ballet, and enrolled as a full-time student in fall of 2010.
Ms. MacKinnon became an apprentice with NYCB in November 2012 and joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in October 2013. She was promoted to soloist in April 2023.
- Divertimento from 'Le Baiser de la Fée'
- Emeralds from Jewels
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® (Coffee, Marzipan, Flowers, Dolls, Dewdrop)
- Raymonda Variations
- Scotch Symphony
- La Source
- Swan Lake
- Tschaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 2
- La Valse
- Eight Easy Pieces
- The Sleeping Beauty (Vivacity, Courage, Emerald)
- Swan Lake (Pas de Trois, Pas de Quatre, Princess)
- Copland Dance Episodes
- Namouna, A Grand Divertissement
- Pictures at an Exhibition
- Fanfare (Cellos)
- SOMETHING TO DANCE ABOUT Jerome Robbins, Broadway to Ballet
- Les Bosquets
- For Clara
- The Most Incredible Thing, Principia
- Composer's Holiday