Alec Knight was born in Queensland, Australia. He began his dance training in jazz and tap dance at Davidia Lind Dance Centre in 2007, and trained at The Australian Ballet School from 2010 to 2013.
Mr. Knight attended the summer course at the School of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of New York City Ballet, in 2013, and enrolled as a full-time student the following winter term.
In August 2015, Mr. Knight became an apprentice with NYCB. While still an apprentice, he originated a featured role in Nicolas Blanc’s Mothership. He joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in May 2016.
- Firebird (Katschei)
- The Four Temperaments
- Haieff Divertimento
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Demetrius)
- George Balanchine's The Nutcracker® (Hot Chocolate, Mouse King, Mother Ginger, Dr. Stahlbaum)
- Scotch Symphony
- Slaughter on Tenth Avenue (Bartender)
- Swan Lake
- Symphony in C
- Tschaikovsky Piano Concerto No. 2
- La Valse
- Fearful Symmetries
- Jeu de Cartes
- Romeo + Juliet (Benvolio, The Prince of Verona)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Puss in Boots, The Wolf, King Floristan)
- Swan Lake (Von Rotbart, Spanish, Hungarian)
- Copland Dance Episodes
- Fanfare (Violas)
- Piano Pieces
- SOMETHING TO DANCE ABOUT Jerome Robbins, Broadway to Ballet
- For Clara
- The Times Are Racing
In 2015, Mr. Knight received the Martin E. Segal Award as a student at SAB, and he also received an Award of Excellence from The Australian Ballet School in 2011.
Mr. Knight was also featured in the first season of the Teen Vogue online docu-series “Strictly Ballet,” which followed a group of SAB students, in 2014.
Portrait © Paul Kolnik