FEATURED ROLES SINCE JOINING NYCB
- Divertimento from 'Le Baiser de la Fée'
- The Four Temperaments
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker® (Dolls, Marzipan)
- The Sleeping Beauty (Tenderness)
- West Side Story Suite (Maria)
ORIGINATED A CORPS ROLE IN
- Warren Carlyle: SOMETHING TO DANCE ABOUT Jerome Robbins, Broadway to Ballet
- JR: Les Bosquets
- Lauren Lovette: For Clara
- Troy Schumacher: The Wind Still Brings
Mimi Staker is a member of New York City Ballet’s corps de ballet. She was born in Raleigh, North Carolina, and began her dance training at the age of four at the Cary Ballet Conservatory under Suzanne Laliberte-Thomas and Rossana Nesta Gahagan. She received additional training at the Raleigh School of Ballet under Mary LeGere. She studied at the School of American Ballet (SAB), the official school of New York City Ballet, during the 2008 and 2011 summer courses before enrolling as a full-time student during the 2011 winter term. Ms. Staker became an apprentice with NYCB in November 2013 and joined the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in November 2014.
As a student in North Carolina, Ms. Staker performed with the Carolina Ballet. She was featured in the first season of the Teen Vogue online docu-series “Strictly Ballet,” which followed a group of SAB students.
Portrait © Paul Kolnik